Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

THE COMING OF CHRIST


...Mordecai and Catherine Uka Dike...

I WILL COME AGAIN: In discussing the coming of Jesus Christ let us consider the three different aspects of His coming, Christ coming as The Lamb, The High Priest and The Lion, I believe this will help our spiritual growth. Many Christians think only of the first and the second coming without considering His spiritual coming. Jesus Christ came the first time as a Lamb to make atonement for the sins of the whole world, and after His crucifixion, death and resurrection, He ascended back to heaven and came back as our spiritual High Priest to cleanse the temple in order to present it holy and blameless before God. After the temple cleansing, Jesus Christ will return physically as a Lion King to establish His kingdom on earth. The two Greek words that interpret the spiritual and the physical second coming of Christ are Epiphanies” and Perussia,” the first word speaks of the manifestation of His presence; the second word speaks of His physical appearance. Only the elect will see Christ in His spiritual coming! The Lord says: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live (John14:18-19).

Concerning the Lord’s physical second coming, the scripture helps us to understand that everyone shall see Him.

Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him, even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen! (Revelation1:7).

Jesus Christ is going to appear in the cloud of heaven the same way he went into heaven:

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.(Act1:9-11).

There will be no physical appearance of Jesus Christ in the sky without Him first coming into the temple of God as the High priest to do total cleansing. God said through prophet Malachi, Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts (Malachi3:1).

Jesus Christ is Lord and the messenger of the covenant and He has already come into His temple, which is the Church. From the day that the Holy Spirit came upon the early disciples in the day of Pentecost until now, Christ is spiritually purifying His saints in order to present them unto God as a holy temple without spot or wrinkle. Our internal cleansing involves perfection of our spirit and soul; our high priest Jesus Christ will completely erase the sin nature in our spirit man. The word “sin” translated in Greek is “Harmatia and Hamatano”, which is the nature of sin and the act of sin. The sin nature causes a person to commit sin…

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it (Romans7:15-20).

Without total cleansing of our sin nature, we can never be free from sin, which is why Christ came into our spirit to destroy the sin nature.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin (Romans6:6).

After purification of the spirit, the Lord will completely renew the second sanctuary, which is our soul. The soul is the place that contains our intellect, emotions and will. After the total renewal of our soul, we then will be able to say like Christ, “Father not as I will but let you own will be done”!  This means, we will die to our own will and allow God’s will to be done in our lives. The last to be transformed will be our physical body, after the internal purification, Jesus Christ will transform our mortal body to immortality; this stage will confirm that Christ has made us whole. There will be no more walls or partitions within us; our spirit, soul and body will become one and join with the Lord. It is important to know that all of our being including the spirit, soul and body must experience a second birth (being born again), so that the character of Christ shall fully manifest physically on earth through us the church before He appears in the sky to receive us. That is the purpose of the spiritual coming of Christ, He has come to dwell in us (John14:23) so that he will totally purge us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment